Meet locals and eat like locals
The core of travelling for me was always opportunity to get to know new culture, people, habits, life style and there is no better way but around the table with a full belly. Maybe I am even too devoted to this goal ready to walk hours to find best restaurant, wait in a line for authentic flavor or make reservation year in advance... but that is just me. If you are avarage person ready to awoke your taste buds and not ending with empty wallet here are some places worth of visiting where you will meet even some local people:/ it is random choice
1. Konoba Bosanka, perfect ambient where you can try peka ( sač). Try to do walk down the road from the upper station of the cable car to there. You will be more hungry and ready for plenty of food
2. Shizuku, if you miss some international cuisine on your holidays this Japanese restaurant is right choice. They take reservation as it is always full of locals
3. Kamenice,at Gundulic square, waiting a line to get the table, not interested to be listed in any of guide books as they don't need any promotion. Is there anything more to say?
4. Glorijet, next to the fishmarket in a main port, always fresh fish and you can try chef's daily catch
5.Taj Mahal, Croatian people just like Bosnian food, there are two of them, even better is that one out of the Old city
6. Buffet Škola, sandwiches with proscuitto and cheese in a warm homemade bread. Can you already smell it while you reading this?
7. Dolcevita – favorite ice cream stop in the Old city with best pancakes
8. Orsan – placed in a marina with sailing boats, serving brunches ( popular marenda), or you will see locals drinking coffee and sunbathing as lizards
9. Pantarul – if we want to make impression to somebody of our friends that are not from Dubrovnik than we take them there
10. Zrinski – looking for flavors fo granny's food, cheap and value for money place, you won't make wrong if you order stuffed peppers with mashed potatoes, ideal if you continue to the boat trip from Gruž harbour. It is your start or end point in visiting Dubrovnik